Thursday, May 24, 2012

Flats challenge Day 4!!

DDLbutton

I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!

Yay!! I fixed the camera!! No more 2007!! (Except photos I took before today)

Wow! Day 4!! This challenge is still going very good for me and I am really enjoying it! Today I am just going to write a bit about how I am doing and my thoughts.

1. I'm sore. My hands are sore, my arms are sore, my back is sore and my neck is sore.
My sore hand :(


2. Doing this challenge makes me feel happy.
Big Smile!


 3. I feel proud that I turned a huge "NOT a CHANCE" into a "YES I CAN"!!!
Thumbs Up!!


4. I find the challenge much easier than I thought it would be, and a LOT of that is thanks to the facebook group and my friend Helene :)
My friend Helene :)

5. This challenge makes me think about my great grandmothers and other female ancestors. I find myself hoping that where ever they are, they are proud of what I am doing.
My Great-Grandmother

6. I have this strange feeling that I have done this before... I have no idea when or what the circumstances were but I KNOW I have worked with pins and diapers before!! I wish I could remember why or when!
My mad pinning skillz

7. I am actually enjoying every minute of this challenge EXCEPT the sore hands, neck and back. I am growing as a cloth diaper mama and the washing itself is very ... rewarding. There is something really rewarding about getting something clean that was dirty when you started.
Used-to-be-stained Flat...All Clean!!

8. My baby is happy in flats :)
My Happy Baby :)

9. I am thankful for my husband's support. He bought and prepared my camp washer and he also bought some of my other supplies. I also heard nothing but support through out this whole journey and he has no problem changing flats.
My man and I :)



 10. I am happy that my kids share my excitement for cloth diapers :)
My beauty posing with the freshly cleaned flats!


Can't wait for Day 5! Check out other participants and how day 4 went for them below :)









1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your sore hands...they are a mark of a job well done. At least your manicure is holding up!

    ReplyDelete