Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Flats and hand washing challenge day 3!!!



DDLbutton


 I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!

I am STILL having tons of fun with the challenge!!

Here is my favourite way to use flats (For those who have not been following my blog.. I am using my daughter's camera and we haven't been able to figure out the date thing ... these pictures were all taken in the last couple of days and NOT in 2007)

This is called the "pad fold".. I try to use only one flat per diaper, but for night time and outings, I double up the flats just to be extra safe :)

 This fold is SUPER easy to prepare, I do it straight from the drying rack. I start by folding the flat in half




and then in half again




and then I fold it in thirds. I try to make it quite wide





 This is then simply stuffed right into the cover :)






When my friend Helene gave me the cute flats she found for me, she had them folded and ready for me to use... so I haven't tried any folds other than the pad fold myself BUT I have used the flats she prepared for me. Here is the origami fold, I am pretty proud of my mad pinning skillz ;)







and here is the "neat nappy" fold. Instructions for this fold can be found here. Check out those pins!! (Patting myself on the back... swelling with pride) lol :D




I would like to try some more folds at some point this week, hope I can find the time!!!


and here is a photo of baby after her big sister changed her diaper :) I am so thankful that my husband and teen aren't afraid of cloth. :)






Good night everyone!! I can't wait for day 4!!


No comments:

Post a Comment