Thursday, May 23, 2013

Flats and Hand washing challenge 2013 Day 4

flatschallenge2013header


                                            
I am taking part in the Third annual flats and hand washing challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and hand washing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 430 participants from all over the world!

Today, I will be sharing my thoughts about hand washing and how I am doing.

I dislike hand washing. I don't find it gross at all though, which was my initial worry when I first learned about the challenge over a year ago. What I dislike is that it takes time out of my day that I could be doing other things. I also don't like the feeling of wringing out the water before hanging to dry. It makes my skin raw and hurts my hands in general. 

I do enjoy participating in this challenge though! I love learning how to hand wash and I am so happy I have learned to use flats! I have really been enjoying pinning the diapers and finding what works for us! This year is a breeze compared to last year! I figured out what works and what does not work and it has been going really smoothly!

I have a great routine going, I have found a fold I love. I found a detergent that works super good! I'm happy! In fact, I have been able to easily (with out even trying) get stains out that the washer and dryer could not!

Here is today's load washing up. It's bigger than yesterday's.


The weather wasn't great. I put the flats in the car port to avoid rain, but there was zero wind so they didn't dry very good. I decided to bring them indoors to dry over night.


Over half way done now! See how others did on day 4 by clicking here :)


No comments:

Post a Comment