Monday, June 24, 2013

Almost 9 weeks now



Almost 9 weeks on my new plan and here I am! I wasn't doing waist measurements before but I have now started. My waist has gone from 45 inches down to 44.5 inches since I started measuring. I sure wish I would have a starting point for that because my stomach has gone down so much since I started the plan! My weight is now 227.5, so I have lost a total of 23.5 pounds in almost 9 weeks. Not bad.

I almost ate a piece of cake a few days ago. We were at a birthday party and I have been feeling really down about the eating plan lately. I was so close to eating it, I could taste it! Then I looked around and I saw my other friends who are hoping to become healthy and eat better. I see them struggle just like I have in the past. They were making the choice to eat the hot dogs, the chips and the cake. Maybe there is no room for eating these things when one is an addict? I have been in their shoes many times, and it never served me well to eat like that when trying to make a change.

Sure I want to believe that I can eat a piece of cake, or have an ice cream cone here and there... maybe I can in the future, but for now I am an addict and it would just be the start of a downward spiral. It does make me feel depressed sometimes. I miss and love the taste of those foods! But as many people who have been successful with food say, skinny feels better than food tastes! 

It really does. There are no words for how good it feels to be comfortable in your own skin! I have been there before and it is really a whole new world. I am excited to get back to that feeling. For now though, I will enjoy the journey and appreciate the small victories along the way! Life is about the journey, not the destination, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment